Because who doesn’t like free stuff?
*UPDATE: Competition now closed – congratulations to the lucky winners!*
The big day is very nearly finally upon us! Ladies and gents, the absolutely delightful independent film A Dozen Summers is out on DVD in the UK on August 15th, and Flicks and Pieces has got its grubs on two copies to give away to two remarkably lucky folks!
Garnering critical acclaim on its theatrical release, A Dozen Summers is a delightful, homegrown coming-of-age comedy drama set for DVD release this summer, courtesy of Screenbound.
This heartwarming independent film stars a wealth of young talent and tells us what it’s really like to grow up in the 21st Century. Get ready to enter the world of Maisie and Daisy McCormack, twin sisters who have just hijacked a children’s film in order to tell their own story. In the process they address issues faced by all twelve year olds such as family, friends, bullying and school life. A Dozen Summers is a movie that will strike a chord with the young and remind parents of their own childhood. It will be released on DVD for the first time on 15 August 2016.
As well as a truly brilliant young cast, the film also stars Ewan Macintosh (The Office) as a beleaguered shop keeper and Colin Baker (Doctor Who) as the narrator. This unique film is very much a family affair: written and directed by Kenton Hall, it stars his twin daughters Hero and Scarlett Hall as Maisie and Daisy. Kenton Hall also plays their father Henry, an eccentric author and a fountain of advice and wisdom for the girls.
Last year I gave A Dozen Summers a whopping four stars out of five in my review, calling it “a sweet family film, filled with warmth and imagination…a great alternative to the blockbuster bluster”. To put those four stars into context, it’s higher than the rating which was handed to its summer 2015 rivals Ant-Man, Cinderella and Fantastic Four (obviously) – not too shabby at all!
So how do you throw your name into the hat to try and win a copy of this indie treat? I’m glad you asked! Here are the options:
- Head on over to the Flicks and Pieces Twitter page, and give the pinned giveaway tweet at the top a retweet!
- Or, pop across to the Flicks and Pieces Facebook page, and give the pinned giveaway post a cheeky like.
- Or, the final entry option – scroll on down this very page to “Follow Flicks and Pieces via email”…and follow by email! Don’t forget to confirm your subscription once you’ve entered your email address!
Entries for the giveaway close on Sunday, August 14th at 11pm, with the victorious pair announced shortly thereafter.
Of course, if you’d like to go ahead and guarantee yourself a copy of the film, pre-orders are open at all self-respecting purveyors of cinematic wares now.
Ts & Cs:
- Entrants must be based in the UK.
- Two winners will be randomly selected, with each selected successful entrant to receive one DVD copy of A Dozen Summers.
- Only one entry per above method, per person will be accepted.
- The winners must provide the postal address they would like their DVD to be sent to within 14 days of being notified that they have won. All personal information is confidential and will not be shared. If a postal address is not received within 14 days, a new winner will be selected at random.
May the odds be ever in your favour!